1. Programming Concepts:
* Problems: How to solve a problem, general problem-solving concept.
* Algorithm and flow chart.
* Programming, criteria of a good program, programming style, debugging, documentation.
* Programming designing methodologies.
2. Structured Programs for Languages and Applications:
* An introduction to programming structures.
* Problem solving with sequential logic structures.
* Problem solving with decisions.
* Problem solving loops.
* Problem solving with case logic structure.
3. Programming Languages:
* Programming languages and their levels.
* Programming language concepts: Structured language and other formalism.
* Survey of different programming languages.
* Program design methodologies : structured and modular program design.
4. "C" Language:
* Preliminaries- Program constructs- variables and data types in C.
* Input and Output- Character and formatted I/O.
* Arithmetic expressions and assignment statements- loops and nested loops.
* Decision making
* Arrays: One-dimensional and multi dimensional.
* Functions- Return value- Arguments of function- Built in functions.
* Arguments and local variables- Calling functions and arrays- Recursion and recursive functions- Structures within structure,
* Files- file functions for sequential and random I/O
* Pointers: Pointers and structures- Pointer and functions- Pointer and arrays- Operation and pointer- Pointer and memory address.
* Operations on bits- Bit operation- Bit field.
* Advanced features standard and library.