Admission: Program Information
This curriculum has been designed carefully for imparting scientific knowledge in Computer Engineering to the students so as to enable them to become future professional.
The program will also focus on their personal development as socially and environmentally aware citizens and lifelong learners.
Design of the Program :
The CSE curriculum consists of foundation, core, pre-engineering and Elective courses.
- Foundation and Core courses : The foundation and core courses are designed to equip the students with the basic knowledge and skills in the major computer science and engineering areas.
- Pre-engineering courses : The pre-engineering courses will provide the students with basic knowledge about pure science and humanities.
- lective courses : The elective courses allow each students to select advanced courses according to his/her particular interest in a given area of concentration.
The program calls for the completion of 86 courses, a total of 160 credit hours of which 58 are foundation, core, pre-engineering and laboratory and the rest 14 theory and 14 laboratory courses are electives.
PUC admission is competitive.Minimum qualification for admission into CSE program is as follows:
- At least a second division or GPA 2.5 in SSC and HSC examination from Science Background.
GCE "O" Level five subjects with at least 10 points and "A" Level in two subjects with at least "C" grade.(Completed GCE 'O' level in five subjects & A level in two subjects with at least a GPA of 2.5 according to following scale:(A=4,B=3,C=2,D=1))
- Completed American High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Premier university admission test score and
- performance in the interview.
Admission test may be waived for candidates with minimum score of 1100 in SAt and at least 500 in Test Of English as a Foreign Language(TOEFL).Admission test also be waived for those who obtained GPA -5 in both SSC and HSC examination and applicants who got 4 as out of 5 in "O" level and TWO as in "A" Level examinations.
Duration of the Program :
The CSE program extends over a period of four years divided into eight semester is of 15weeks duration. A student can take maximum 20 credit hours in each semester. Each theory course is assigned 3 or 2 credits and the corresponding laboratory course is of 1.5 and 1 credit respectively. Thus a total of 160 credit hours are required for a CSE degree.