Profile of Dr. Anupam Sen
- Dr.Anupam Sen was born in the year 1940 at Chittagong,Bangladesh.His father,late Binendralal Sen,was an advocate of Chittagong Bar.His mother,though a housewife,was an enlightened lady.
- Dr.Sen did his B.A(Hons) & M.A in Sociology from the University of Dhaka.He also obtained M.A & Ph.D from Mcmaster University,Canada.
- His Ph.D Dissertation on political economy and economic development entitled "The State ,Industrialization and Class Formations in India" was published by Routledge and Kegan-Paul,London in 1982.The book has received wide appreciation from academics and scholars worldwide.It has been reviewed in many international journals including' 'World Development'and"The Journal of Development Studies' . It has also been included as a reference book on many courses in Development Studies, Political science and other Social Sciences in universities of Europe and North America.
|Dr. Anupam Sen
Born: 1940 at Chittagong,Bangladesh
- B.A.(Hons) in Sociology fromUniversity of Dhaka .
- M.A in Sociology fromUniversity of Dhaka
- M.A from Mcmaster University,Canada
- Ph.D from Mcmaster University, Canada.
He has written extensively on many socio-economic topics and issues.some of his important publications are :
- The Social Background of the Bangladesh Movement ,Quest(Bombay),September-October,1971.
- The Bureaucracy and Socio-Economic Development in Bangladesh,Bangladesh Journal of Sociology,August 1983.
- Social Change in South Asia ,Presidential Address,Third National Conference and International Seminar on Social Change in South Asia,Dhaka: Bangladesh Sociology Association,March 18-20,1987.
- Modes of Production and Social Formation in India, 2nd article of the book entitled ,"Class,State and Development in India" Edited by Berch Berberoglu(Professor,University of Nevada, U.S.A) New Delhi /London - Sage Publications,1992.
Other Books (In English and Bengali):
- The State ,Industrialization and Class Formations in India,London : Routledge and Kegan-Paul, 1982.
- Bangladesh :Rashtra O Samaj, Dhaka :Abosar,1999
- Bangladesh O Bangali, Dhaka :Abosar,2002
- Biloshita Sabdaguchcha (An Anthology of Translated Verses of Eminent Poets from East & West),Dhaka :Abosar,2002
- Byakti O Rastra : Samaj- Binyas O Samaj Darshner Aloke (Prof.Ajit Guha Memorial Lecture Delivered at National Press Club, Dhaka,on December 31,2005 and Paribare Samaje Rashtre Nari Nirjaton-Birodhi Sanskriti gare Tolar Sangram O Sufia Kamal (Sufia Kamal Memorial Lecture Delivered at CIRDAP Auditorium on June 20,2004and other essays,Dhaka :Abosar,2007.
- Unabingsha Satabdir Renaissance O Swadhinata-Chinta,(Hirendranath Dutta Memorial Lecturer Delivered at Jadavpur University on May 4-5,1992
- The Political Economy of Bangladesh (work in progress)
Prof.Anupam Sen led many professional organizations as :
- General Secretary,Chittagong University Teachers' Association, January 1971 to March 1972.
- President ,Chittagong University Teachers' Association , January 1985 to December 1986.
- President ,Federation of Bangladesh University Teachers' Association,February 1985 to March 1986.
- President ,Bangladesh Sociology Association,1987-1992.
Had been member of following Committees and Organizations:
- Senior Fellow(Honorary),Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies(BIDS), Dhaka.;
- Director,Board of Directors,Institute of Bangladesh Studies, Rajshahi University,Rajshahi;
- Director,Board of Directors,Bangladesh Bank, Dhaka(Central Bank of Bangladesh)
- Member,Academic Council, Shah Jalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet.
- Member, Academic Council, East West University ,Dhaka.
- Life Member ,Bangiya Sahitya Parishad,Calcutta
- Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences,University of Chittagong,Chittagong.
E-Books: (click to view the e-books)